Blog Labels

Ongoing (22) Freebie (15) Shields (12) Scripts (7) Ideas (6) SneakPeek (6) Architecture (5) WorldBall (5) Tattoo (4) PictureTime (3) Armour (2) Shader (2) HDRI (1) Hats (1) Poser (1) Sources (1) moan (1) website (1)

Saturday 26 January 2013

Sneak Peek - Another Set Of Railings...

I had a lot of fun creating that last set of railings, so I've decided to do one or two more - I'd spotted another nice set of quayside railings, so here's my version (still a WIP) - 880 vertices / 940 faces on this one (compared to 3148 vertices / 3376 faces on the one I've just released).

I added extra smoothing for the renders below (using 'SubD' in DAZ Studio, and 'Smooth Polygons' in Poser). The texture is just plain diffuse/specular colours, plus a procedural 'Clouds' texture for the bump channel...




I'm very pleased with the results (even though the Poser 9 render indicates a smoothing issue I need to look at - without  'Smooth Polygons' P9 renders fine).

I plan to release this as a similar package to the 'Railing01' plus the 'Morphing Railing Add On'. I think it'll work best with simple procedural textures, but I'll UV map it any way.

(the fact that the three rails aren't vertically aligned makes for an interesting challenge with the 'Bend' morphs...)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, comment away!